Friday, October 2, 2009

Cosy Noro Throw



Boy do I love this Noro yarn! I used it on a previous project and just fell in love with it!!! It's Noro Kochoran, the color is predominantly number 57, with a little number 63 left over from my last project. The blend is 50% wool, 30% angora and 20% silk. Noro is one of those yarns that can seem a bit on the scritchy side at first, but this yarn in particular becomes softer after it's been knitted and the yarn opens up a bit. It's so beautiful to see the angora halo appear, and it just keeps getting softer with handling and use. My cat Cissie just loves this throw and the minute I pulled it out to work on it she was right there snuggled up on the end of the throw. I think I will use the left overs from another color to make her a tiny throw of her own.



Along with the Noro Kochoran, I used di.ve Autunno in the color 30502 Gossamer and a tiny bit of 46386 Clarion. Autunno is 100% fine merino and it's so supper soft! I used it for the simple lace pattern to break up the solid, moss stitch pattern I used to knit the Noro. Two hanks of the Noro and one of the Autunno Gossamer were enough to make this ample throw, which is cosy soft and super warm, but light as can be. I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it as the temperatures dip.



I also did some dyeing this week, in preparation for my next project. Pictured above is some angora dyed in the Sky and Sea colors to match the alpaca roving that I'm working on.



Since I'm done knitting my throw, I can now start spinning! I have been itching to get going on this, but wanted to finish the throw first. I have the roving all weighed out for each bobbin and rolled into these cute little balls. I have a particular spinning order that I want for each single and to save any confusion once I get spinning, I got it all organized before hand. Now I can just spin away without any worries about which color comes next or if the bobbins are equal.

Have a great week! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!