Friday, July 15, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday Post


Here's a little peek at some of the fiber goodies I have been working on this week. The TDF rolls on, and I have been spinning away, however I feel like I am neglecting my other fibery interests, so I squeezed in a little work on some non-spinning projects too. I finished up the HailDust and GoldDust bobbins, I plan on thread plying them with metallic thread. I spun up some small skeins of coil yarn to use in a felting project, you can see the start of it there in the center. I was inspired by Heather Woollove's posts showing the technique she uses for felting her lovely purses. I wanted to try my hand at this technique while making a new felted bag for my spinning wheel, incorporating some of my coiled art yarn. I need to do some needle work to embellish my new little bag before it is truly finished. I have to thank Ms.Woollove for her excellent and inspiring posts.

I hope everyone has a delightful weekend! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarns on those bobbins. Can't wait to see the new bag with your art yarns on it.
    Always look forward to Fridays.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the coil yarn ... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Heather's felting projects too. Can't wait to see how yours turns out. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little felt purse...I will have to go and check out the how to at the site you mentioned. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the coiled yarn looks in the felt. It adds a sassy texture to the fabric. You are always an inspiration for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing Hail- and Golddust bobbins plied with some awesome metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh...Melissa! It's wonderful!!!!
    Isn't slubby, wild, art yarn so much fun to use this way?!?
    Now that you've tried this project, you might find yourself using it to embellish a little clutch or scarf...and before long...who knows?!?!? :) XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the golddust bobbin. It will be beautiful with a metallic thread.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!