Friday, October 16, 2009

Booties!


Original set, knitted with white angora plus silver beads

I knitted up a set of booties this week, using the Flower Child Bootie pattern by Marla Mutch. I love this pattern, I've used it before with a natural white angora yarn that I brought back from Italy with me, then embellished them with silver glass beads along the sides.



The pattern is intended to be used with a self patterning sock yarn, and since I needed a small something to knit while I'm dyeing and spinning yarn for my next project, I though I'd knit up a colorful pair to have on hand. I knitted these with ZwergerGarn Opal Rondez-vous # 2065. I inadvertently knit them with a size 2 instead of the needle size 1 recommended in the pattern, and used a size 3 to bind off the cuff so it wouldn't be too tight. These little cuties are all set for the next baby gift. It's a fast knit and the pattern is easy to follow.






I like this pattern so well, that I thought I'd knit them bigger for a grown up foot. They remind me of those moccasin slipper socks from my childhood. For the adult size I measured my Mum's foot and added two inches to accommodate the way the sole wraps up over the toes in this pattern. I decided to use two strands of yarn knitted together for thickness and durability, Encore colorspun, Razzle Print #7517 and Berroco Comfort in Nosegay Mix #9810. It's a great fit for my Mum, who wears a size 6-7 shoe.

Have a great week! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!