Friday, May 1, 2009

Free Form Basket Weaving!!!

I had the nicest time last Saturday in the Freeform Basket Weaving class I took, I thought I’d share some of the photos. The instructor Deb, was great and I met some nice new friends. The class was held in the home studio of Gretel, another artist, from the Grove Gallery Co-op (next to Woven Arts in East Lansing) she teaches silk painting, and I have taken a couple of her classes and really enjoyed them tremendously! For the finishing bit of my basket I used some of my hand spun yarn. I could see where Deb had woven in yarn on some of her beautiful baskets and I thought I might try the same. I’m still deciding if I like it, I may unweave it and finish with the same color flat reed that is on either side. I think I’ll live with it awhile and look at it with fresh eyes, then decide. I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire right now, so there are plenty of projects and classes to keep me occupied!!!



My finished basket



This is Deb the instructor, on the the right and Jill on the left



Gretel, on the left, who hosted the class in her beautiful studio, and Martha.



Deb and Joann



I am working away to get finished!



We really enjoyed ourselves, it was such a nice creative group!

Have a great week!

Blessings Friends!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!