Friday, May 8, 2009

Brandon Mably & Kaffe Fassett



Here’s my finished swatch from last weeks class with Brandon Mably. I believe I now have a good handle on the technique. There are of course errors, due to Brandon’s rule of no ripping out! I got lots of practice reading a chart, and learned how to weave in my loose/non working yarn across a purl row. I had learned to weave in across the back of my knitted row in a class I took with Julie from Threadbender, but could never figure out how to make it work on the purl side with out the yarn showing…now I get it!




Brandon pining up our Persian Poppy swatches for critique.



Here’s a look at all the beautiful color combination.

Brandon Mably was a very kind and generous instructor who really made sure he helped everyone. He gave lots of great advise about color choices, and I really like that he and Kaffe both subscribe to this school of thought that you don’t have to follow certain color rules. Well that went straight to the heart of the little girl in me who used to give people turquoise colored hair in my coloring books!





Brandon signing books for us!



Kaffe was so animated, it was really difficult to get a good picture of him that wasn’t blurred, he has so much energy!

The Lecture later that evening by Kaffe was equally as inspiring! The photos he shared were gorgeous, not only knitting, fabric, and quilting, but really interesting snapshots from their life. Lots of circles and mosaics and beautiful leaf designs, all things I love and was inspired to see used in such a beautiful dramatic way! If these fellows are venturing near where you live, don’t miss an opportunity for a class or two and the lecture, you wont be disappointed!

Blessings Friends!

Melissa



1 comment:

  1. You lucky duck!! What a wonderful
    experience...and your piece is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!