Friday, May 22, 2009

Treasures!!!



Beautiful antiques against the back drop of the lovely Women’s City Club

My Mum and I had a really nice time last Saturday at the Women’s City Club ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. They always serve a lovely lunch and for just a tiny bit extra, if you’d like, you can bring along an item for Chuck and Ward to appraise. Mum brought along a silk embroidery done by her Aunt Florence this year, and I brought along a cloisonné jar and matching bowl that belonged to my Grandmother. (Which I am lucky to have because the family friend my Mum gave it to when my Gram passed, then gave it to me some years later.) It’s so interesting seeing all the beautiful objects folks bring in for appraisal, Chuck and Ward are very funny and informative at the same time. If you live in the area, the number for the Women’s city Club is 616-459-3321, you may want to get on their mailing list for next year, but they also have events going on all the time, did I mention how yummy the food was? Check it out, you wont be disappointed!




Mum’s silk embroidery being appraised




You can see my blue cloisonné jar and bowl there on the table just under Chuck’s (dk blue suit) hand

It was a nice way to extend Mother’s day, we really look forward to this event every year, the delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, the hosts are funny and informative, plus the fun of deciding what to bring and anticipating the results, it was an all around wonderful day!


Have a delightful week!

Blessings Friends!

Melissa





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!