Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I was listening to NPR yesterday they did a nice story about Langston Hughes, in honor of his birthday today, February 1.  He penned one of my all time favorite poems, so I thought I’d celebrate one of our great literary figures by sharing that poem today on the anniversary of his birth.

 

Gather out of star-dust

Earth-dust,

Storm-dust,

And splinters of hail,

One handful of dream-dust

Not for sale.

                                                                  ~Langston Hughes

Enjoy your week, catch up with you on Friday.

Blessings Friends,

Melissa

 

1 comment:

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!