Friday, February 6, 2009

Professor Melissa-stammers-a-lot

I called to have tech support help with my wireless router.  When I was connected to someone a very thick Indian accent, I was a little worried.  I was privately wondering if I would be able to understand the heady combination of techno-babble wrapped up in the musical bubbling of the thick Indian accent.  As it turns out I had nothing to worry about.  I was given a reference number and connected to the next available tech support.

My tech, I wish I knew his name, this gentleman's English, was fascinating.  The best way to describe it is that it sounded like someone who was Asian had learned to speak English from someone whose native tongue was German.  So he spoke English with a German-Asian accent.  Even more delightful (To be clear this isn’t sarcasm, I really found the whole experience delightful.) was his choice of words.  After I had explained my situation in what can only be described as a stammer.  He responded, “Excellent!  I understand completely.  You have explained it perfectly, just like you are a professor.”

Wow, how flattering! Professor Melissa-stammers-a-lot at your service!

He walked me through all the corrections and adjustments, which took about 15 minutes. When we were finished he told me,  “ We have successfully fixed your problem and I couldn’t have done it without you!  You are a champion!

He’s right of course, I am a CHAMPION!  PROFESSOR CHAMPION!  I feel like I should be wearing a cape and have special super powers. Now the router is properly adjusted and in a stroke of genius that only Professor Champion could have come up with (HA HA HA), I went back and did a print screen of all the settings so that if in the future things get out of tweak, Professor Champion (teehe) has something to refer to!  Because quite frankly, all those serial number, abbreviations and settings….well you really do need super powers to understand them.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings Friends!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!