- Baked chicken breast, cooled and sliced thinly on the diagonal. Arrange on salad plate.
- Peel, core and chunk half a honeycrisp apple and toss over sliced chicken.
- Cut sugar snap peas into thirds until you have about 1 cup, add this to your salad plate.
- Dress salad (about 2TBS more or less to taste) and toss gently, make it look pretty and dig in!
- 1/3 cup honey, warmed for about 30 second in microwave
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- Salt, pepper, seasonings to taste.
Place all ingredients in small canning jar or other jar with a good tight lid and shake well to blend. Store in refrigerator.
Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pat dry 4 boneless skinless chicken breast and place breast side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. I also used Penzeys, Sunny Paris Seasoning and a tiny bit of Cayenne, but if you don’t have those no worries, use your own favorite seasonings.
- Flip the chicken over and season the other side.
- Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs, just a scant dusting for texture and a little bit of flavor, it also helps seal in the moisture.
- Place a little slim pat of butter on each chicken breast.
If you haven't already, check out Penzys Spices, they have the best spices and their prices are pretty amazing.
Ok all you spring chickens, in parting this week, lets take our queue from the viola, no matter how humongous the “snowdrift” bloom on my friends!