Friday, July 2, 2010

Multnomah Update



Just thought I'd update the Multnomah shawl, I finished knitting the shawl awhile back and posted pictures, but it just didn't feel like it was finished. It languished, folded nicely over the back of my office chair, waiting for me to figure out what to do next, I hadn't even woven in the ends, thinking I might need to unknit something. I knew I wanted to add a few rows along the top edge, but should I get fancy, add width? In the end I kept the width the same and kept it fairly simple, some garter rows book ending two or three yarn over rows, finished with a knitted picot bind off. The yarn is all my hand spun and where you see color, my hand dyed. The pictures don't really capture all the yummy hand spun goodness, you'll just have to take my word for it! I have to give credit to my wonderful fiber friends, who are my good friends first and fiber aficionados as well! This fiber is a blend of super soft alpaca from Lonesome Oak Alpaca (Kim,Kevin and the boys)and angora from Critterville Woolery (Jan).



So now she is all done! Since we've been having a bit of cool sunny weather here in our part of Michigan, I've had a couple opportunities to wear it already!

I hope you have a delightful holiday weekend!
Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!