Friday, July 23, 2010

Fresh Spinning!



Ahh, fresh spinning! Here are my first four skeins from the fiber exchange project.
  • The green on the far left is the Chevoit/Jacob blend that I dyed, I spun it using thick and thin spun single with a first time (for me) technique of Crescents. To ply, I used a single which was spun fine with the same fiber and a strand of metallic thread.
  • The multi-colored blue-green-chartreuse was spun as a thick and thin single then plied with a finely spun single to give the yarn that yummy, wiggly look.
  • Next is the Mohair/black lamb blend, I spun both singles as a lace weight, but I added some purple iris sparkle, which goes nicely with the beautiful silver mohair.
  • The last skein is mystery blend fiber, called the beast, I spun it using the super coil technique.
I'm really enjoying myself, it's great working with all the different fibers, and figuring out how best to spin them.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, love the thick and thin.
    Can hardly wait to see the finished item. I am knitting away on mine at present.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!