Friday, April 9, 2010

Pat's Dryer Lint Necklace!



A couple of months ago, my friend Pat from my knitting group told me that she had a bunch of fiber that she thought I might be interested in. She was felting an alpaca sweater and had saved the fuzzy fiber that was left behind. All in all it was about a quart sized zipper bag full of purplish pink fuzz. I held onto it, thinking about what I could do with it. The next knit-together, she randomly handed me a fist full of yarn snippets from working in her ends, then on impulse, she handed me the bottle cap from her soda! I guess I'm not fooling people anymore, the word is out, I'm a total magpie! So I tucked the new tidbits in with the felting fuzz and decided to gather whatever future random offerings she gave me, together and then I would make/spin something out of the collection. In the meantime, Pat had a birthday that we celebrated at our Saturday knitting group, I think you can see where this is going! I took the fiber and carded in the yarn snips, then spun it into a chunky coiled yarn and using my hand dyed silk cocoon flowers for findings, plus some hand spun soy silk for the cord, I worked up this fun art yarn necklace.

Have a creative weekend! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...you are so creative at re-purposing!! Now I'm more curious than ever about what you will make with the felt bits!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!