Friday, May 14, 2010

Container Gardening



I finished adding the mosaic to my birdbath, I've had that project on the burner for awhile now. Last year I painted the base, which came from my folks old house, it's now a creamy white with soft lavender dry brushed over top to accent the pretty dove pattern. Then I began my quest for a pottery basin to match. Who knew it would be so difficult, apparently they are not producing them in ceramic so much anymore...plastic is everywhere! They were able to dig one up for me at my trusty local hardware store, that was last season, I had in mind to work on this over winter, but only just got to it. Better late than never, right?



Here's a peek at the mosaic I added, I love flowers. I hope the birds and butterflies enjoy it!



Now this just makes my eyes happy and my heart sing, I transplanted babies from some of my favorite garden plants into this pretty pedestal container. The columbines are just about ready to pop, I think they are only waiting for a nice sunny day...maybe today will be the day, it sure looks promising!



My geraniums have had a wild ride, they have been bruised, battered and even uprooted at one point (gotta watch that Mum of mine every minute!) and they are still blooming away, soon it will be warm enough that I can move them outside for the season.



Last but definitely not least, I wanted to show you what I'm doing with the trumpet vine given to me by my friend Jan. I've got it moved into another one of my big pots with a tower trellis, it seems very happy in its new home. I'm going to plant old fashioned sweet pea along with it, I can already picture the beautiful swell of orange from the trumpet vine and lavender and white from the sweet pea.

I hope you are having a lovely spring! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!