Friday, March 12, 2010

Caribbean Coils and Waves



I've been working on this coiled yarn spinning technique, and I think I am finally at the point were I can make a fairly consistent coiled yarn. Here's my yarn on the bobbin, I started this last weekend at a spinning retreat held by a fiber guild I belong to. I took my time with the technique, it was slow going at first, but I was able to pick up a little speed as things progressed. I finished plying the rest of the bobbin at home the next day. I'm happy with my progress, I love the chubby coils in this beautiful colorway.



I was pleased that my coils stayed intact after the yarn was washed and the twist was set. There were a couple that needed some TLC in the way of reshaping, I could see that I hadn't anchored those coils properly to the core yarn, so they scooched around a bit during their bath.



Using the same roving, I spun up a little skein of waves to go along with the skein of coils. Yum, love those colors!

Hope everything's going great for you! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors, especially in the waves.
    How is "Buddy" doing in his swinging dish? My "Buddy" the bunny swings his cage by prancing around!:-)))

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!