Friday, September 18, 2009

School Of Tropical Little Fishies



I finally finished my Little Fishies scarf. Though I have to say, other then the narrow neck band, in true free form fashion, this bears little resemblance to the original pattern! I had already knitted the pattern nearly through to the end and decided that I wanted to do it over, only a little narrower and more mindful of the yarns I was using around my upper body area. Then as I was knitting the narrower version, I began to see these fishy shapes appearing as I added thicker or thinner yarn, so I decided to accentuate that idea! What I ended up with is this audacious, whimsical scarf of tropical fish!



My love of bobbles and bullion's shows through, I was inspired by Renata Kirkpatrick's Tassels On A Rope #3 for the tail on this one.



This one's (RH) a princess fish. Can you see the royal princess cap?



This is another form of the fish noodle, shorter, without the bobble on the end...but don't feel too bad about the lack of bobble that some of the fish noodles have, I added silver beads to each noodle for this little guy!




Another princess fish.



I loved adding the embellishments, this one has something I started calling a fish noodle!

Add Image
This guy's one of my favorites! I used silver wire beads on a chain to bubble out of his big fishy mouth.



Pink bullion's done with some of my hand spun.



More fish noodles! The yarn used here for the noodles, back fins and tail is Debbie Bliss Pure Silk, I love how this yarn knitted and plan on adding more colors to my yarn stash.



And here's the final fish. I had so much fun working on this project, deciding how to embellish each fish, finding just the right bead or button to bring the fish to life. It really gave me a chance to play!

Have a great week! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty fishy, Ha Ha.
    I remember years back a fish mobil crocheted for a bath room but never got around to trying it.
    Any of your little fishes would work well too.
    Love all the colors.
    You'll have to show me how to do bobbles some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never before enjoyed a school of Tropical Fishies such lovingly applied adornments and great yarn input! Great description, too - thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!