Friday, August 14, 2009

Free Range Wrap..Off The Needles



Here's a close up of the last length of knitting on my Free Range Wrap.



And here it is all laid out full length, off the needles, it measures 75" long. I was going for at least 72" so this works just fine for me. All that needs to be done now is to weave in the ends and to finish the edges. I have purchased Berroco Seduce in three variegated colors, this is a rayon/linen/silk/nylon blend yarn. It's really pretty, and soft, but it glows with that silky luster, I think it will work nicely to finish off the edges. I ended up using bulkier weight yarns than I had originally planned for this wrap, I liked how they looked with the stitches, intuitively, that's what I was drawn to, so that's what I used. I think that's a big part of Free Range Knitting, going with the flow. I still have plans for surface embellishment and I'm thinking about which kind of edge treatment to use to finish off the short ends.

Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!