Friday, June 19, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam!!!



I made my first batch of strawberry rhubarb jam of the season this week! I was dragging my feet a bit so that I could use some of the rhubarb from my own plant, this is the first year I am able to harvest any of the stalks!

Ahhh, I love to see those pretty jars, though some of them have already found new homes! It turned out quite yummy if I do say so myself.




Well you can't have freshly made jam without some lovely little scones can you? Someone put the kettle on!

Have a great week, wherever your wanderings may take you! (And I know some of you are quite the wanderers!)

Blessings Friends!
Melissa

6 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH boy does that ever bring in the memories. I can even taste it now. Long past canning/cooking days gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll be right over with my teapot . . . oh, maybe not. Anyway, it all looks delish. And with scones? Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come to your house for tea p-lease!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Your scones look delish, too!
    (Have you ever tried the America's Test Kitchen oatmeal scone recipe? It may be on-line. It is SO worth trying, even if it looks complicated at first. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send it to you.) XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip Heather, I love America's Test Kitchen! I will definitely look up that scone recipe. I was just noticing strawberries on sale and thought it might be a good time to make a few jars of jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made frozen yogurt with my daughter today, and we're planning on putting some fresh strawberries on it when we eat it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow by Email

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!