Friday, June 26, 2009
A Little Test Spin
I can't really post about all my projects this week, since I am saving them for surprises, but I will share this test spin I have done to see how I like these two singles together, and to show how I am getting the hang of plying with my new wheel. I have learned my lesson after the first run through, where I plied TONS of yardage and hadn't given it quite enough twist when I was spinning the singles to account for the back spin when plying and I wasn't 100% thrilled with the results. This time I'm adding a little zing, the bright pink, which on it's own is a real eye opener, to balance out the far too muted but pretty, pinkish buff tones of the other single. The pink bobbin is a blend of fine wool and alpaca. The beige bobbin is natural Romney (80%) Kid Mohair (10%) and Tussah Silk (10%.) Originally I had plied the beige to itself, but it lost all it's magic when plied, the two together are a good balance. Now, on to plying what remains on the bobbins!
Have a great week! Good luck with all your projects, plans and adventures!!!
Here's a little peek at some of the fiber goodies I have been working on this week. The TDF rolls on, and I have been spinning away, ho...
I've started a new scumble project, the (Mostly) Purple Scumbled Purse. I really planned on being done for this weeks Fiber Arts Friday ...
This months spin along in the Art Yarn Spinners Group on Ravelry is wire core yarn. When I saw all the cool, beautiful, inspiring spins, I...