Thursday, March 12, 2009

Artist Trading Cards Swap



I was introduced to Artist Trading Cards not too very long ago at one of the craft groups I've been getting together with. One of the ladies was kind enough to show me many of the cards she had made and received in her years of swapping cards. The idea being to create these little works of art the size of a baseball card (2.5"x 3.5"), often there is a theme and of course there is a deadline. So you may be required to make 6 cards in a theme, and receive 5 in return, because the coordinator of the swap retains one of the cards as a sort of payment for the work of organizing the swap. It's quite fair I think. It's fun, though I can see that while I enjoyed it, I'm also not going to go nuts swapping ATC's as their called. I have a lot of hobbies already with projects in the queue calling my name! What did intrigued me though was the smallness, I love to make tiny art.


This is my first swap, I got in just under the wire about a week before it closed. When I tell you the name, you will understand why I was willing to rush my project to participate..."Think Pink!" All the cards I received in return are magical! The tiny purse stole my heart, it actually opens and inside are itsy-bitsy dollar bills!!! The piglet is a little water color! There is one done with beautiful hand painted paper and embellished with all these intricate trinkets that don't really photograph all that well, but it's really cool. I love the pink and white Victorian house, those arched windows remind me of the house I rented an apartment in before I bought the home I live in now. I should show my former landlords how lovely their home could look if they ventured away from the dull brown and tan they have now! ahahaha! The last card is all done on pink glitter paper! Well you know you can't go wrong with either!!! hahaha!!!


If you're interested in swapping ATC's, I believe there are a number of groups available through yahoo, I know there are groups everywhere, but yahoo is where I found mine. Just go to yahoo search and type in atc or artist trading cards and join a group that looks promising. The nice thing about it is, you can participate as much or as little as your schedule allows, you have the opportunity to make friends from all over the country and the world, and you get to give and receive these amazing miniature works of art.


Blessings Friends,
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!