Friday, December 30, 2011

Snow Faerie Hood


I've wanted to knit a hood using my Winter Wonder art yarn for quite some time, but first I needed to work up a pattern. Pictured is my Snow Faerie Hood which I knit using some of my juicy, extra special yarn stash I've been hording for a couple of years, it's Colinette, Prism, in the colorway mushroom, a fitting color for a Faerie hood. I love the comfort of a hood, which is gentle on the hairdo, while still keeping you cozy and warm.


It looks cute with the edge folded back a bit too. My model here is the Greek goddess Eirene, the goddess of peace and of the season of spring. She used to be one of my garden sculptures, but lacking enough garden space, she has lived indoors these last couple of years. (And I don't think she minds it a bit.)


I spun a huge 10 ounce skein of my Winter Wonder art yarn this week and now that the pattern is complete, I will use it to knit a Snow Faerie Hood..or two! I'm excited to see how this knits up into the hood. It's a pretty palette of colors with lots of sparkle and texture.



Oh Boy!!! This cake of art yarn is all measured off and ready to become a Snow Faerie Hood in the very near future. It felt so good to card up a batt and spin it just for me, it was a little post Christmas treat for myself after all the busy holiday doings.

I hope you are having a delightful holiday season and I wish you all Happy New Year!!!
Blessings Friends!
Melissa

13 comments:

  1. ....that yarn looks delicious! I love the hood you made using your other yarn and I'm excited to see it in that handspun too. Now...are you writing the pattern so you can publish it? It's simply darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you look just like a snow fairie in that hat. I love the color and the softness of the whole thing. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that yarn is delicious.

    Good for you for doing something just for you. :-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks blogger friends! Donna, if only I did, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your hood is divine!! Your yarn is lovely, as always. Such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh that sparkly yarn looks lovely.
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hood is wonderful, and I'm glad to see that you're finding time to spin this week! Have a wonderful New Year, Melissa!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo love the yarn! looks soo lovely.That hood is beautiful too.Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sparkly cake! Look forward to seeing it hooded up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hood. I have thought about one for a couple of years too but not decided what to put it with.

    The winter wonder yarn is gorgeous and will make a delightful hood.

    Have a Happy Fiberous New Year.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hood AND the garden goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so beautiful! I've been obsessed with those lately, but yours has such a delicate quality to it, it's perfect!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!