Friday, June 18, 2010

Dragonfly Silk



You might remember the silk fiber pictured above on the right, which I dyed in dragonfly colors. I took some time yesterday afternoon, it was lovely out, to sit outside and do some spinning. I thought it would be nice to revisit this all spun up, plus my current knitting is all gift related I can't post any pictures of that here for the time being.



How about a nice close-up of all the fiber strands and color variations?



One picture leans more towards the turquoise, the other more toward the greens, just like the skein, it kind of changes depending on the light. I'll be interested to see how it behaves when it knits up. This was my first experience dyeing and spinning silk 100% silk spinning fiber. I love the strength and the shine, it was really enjoyable to spin.

Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!