Friday, April 19, 2013

Spinning Just For Fun

          So much of the creative process is the "getting ready" phase. The fiber I dyed a while back has been carded and blended with other fibers to create a more dimensional yarn. I like to pull it into a roving off my Pat Green, Big Batt Carder. I am now ready to spin, well almost ready, time to clear off some bobbins. I have just finished spinning for another project and at this very moment I have three skeins which are being washed to set the twist. I saw a pattern on Ravelry recently and it really appeals to me, I love the combination of caplet and hood, it's called Winterberry Hood I am excited to get started knitting it with my hand spun! In our neck of the woods many are having to kayak to get around, we need a little break in the rain. Something in between drought and flood please Mother Nature, our farmers need good weather.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, 
Blessings Friends!
I

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at those pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors with sparkle and shine.
    Glad to see you spinning again.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow by Email

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!