Friday, March 8, 2013

Catching Up

It feels so good to catch up. Catch up with good friends, catch up on the "to do" list, and catch up on some creative time. So, let me ask you, how soft does that curly white skein look? It's SO soft! This yarn is spun from the wee tiniest locks saved from a Wensleydale cross lamb fleece. I set aside these little treasures, way smaller than the rest of the fleece, with a reminder note in the bag...MINE! I decided to try lock spinning them, they were so dinky I wasn't sure it would work. I'm so glad it did. It's a sweet, soft little skein and I will save it for something special. The other, whoo-boy, it has everything I love! All my favorite fibers in all my favorite colors. I'm calling this one, little surprise. I had gathered all these really delicious fibers to do a tribute spin for the wonderful fiber artist Janice Rosema, who passed away not to long ago. If you are unfamiliar with her work, you should definitely check her out, she did some amazing work! Her fascinating blog can be found here, or her many projects on Ravelry,  I had envisioned spinning a generous, bulky art yarn, with all the colors and textures suited to her amazing body of work. But the fiber seemed to just fit itself perfectly into a fine, compact strand, a little surprise of color and texture, silk, angora, alpaca, bfl, bamboo, sari silk, silk noil and of course lots of sparkle. I really loved the color runs and so I plied it with a pretty, multi colored lurex thread I bought from the UK. It gives me happy eyes! I think I may save this and tuck it into the stash I've set aside for when I get a loom...we'll see.

I hope you have had a wonderful, creative week, I'll be popping off now to check out your projects too!

Thanks for stopping by, Blessings Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Both of your yarns are beautiful! I always adore your yarns...they are truly a part of a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white yarn looks like a puff of cloud, must be so nice to hold it in your hands. Glad to see you back in the blogging world again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful, no surprise there! Your work is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!