Friday, April 29, 2011

Lemongrass


Yum, lemongrass! This months theme for the Phat Fiber Sample Box is Spice Market. Now for some reason, I really pondered this one for awhile, I could only think of my everyday favorites and they are all tones of brown, it seemed like they might be too obvious a choice as well. I love cinnamon, vanilla, cayenne, clove, nutmeg...then I remembered my favorite green tea with lemongrass, perfect choice as I have been feeling the green lately! The hand pulled roving is a blend of Corriedale in bright chartreuse, creamy bamboo, delicious citron Angelina and another layer of Corriedale in moody, bruised green tones. The colors were layered individually on my drum carder, so when I pulled the roving, rich veins of color run along the length. I'll have them (full and sample size) in the shop soon, the beautiful Citron Angelina is already available. (Look carefully if ordering, I also have Lemon Zest Angelina, which is nice too. In the pictures the colors look very close, but the citron has a definite chartreuse glow. I'm making myself a wig out of it, hehehe...no I really am, giggle, just as soon as I get my top hat!)

Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings Friends!
Melissa

10 comments:

  1. I am green with envy, just gorgeous color. Kate would be in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely wear that wig! That is some gorgeous yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous colors! I'm green with envy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors and the texture is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely colour, very vibrant and fresh, perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I was worried this box would be really brown, but I've seen a lot of colorful interpretations of the theme and this one in particular is awesome!

    Jess

    jessecreations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I am hoping to get ahold of one of those boxes one day, they sell so crazy fast! I did send off an email hoping to be able to contribute to it, but have not heard back yet. I'm heading over to your shop now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty green. I love your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!