Friday, February 25, 2011

Watermelon Tourmaline Art Yarn With Felted Beads


I was inspired by this months Phat Fiber theme of Gems and Minerals when I spun this yarn, watermelon tourmaline is a
gorgeous semiprecious stone and I absolutely love the vibrant color combination. I've pre-strung the yarn with 25 of my hand made felted beads for even more gem-appeal. This yarn is worsted-aran weight, making it easy to incorporate into any project where you want to add the flavor of a hand spun art yarn without completely overwhelming your other yarn. With 112 yard, there is enough yarn to create a wonderful stand alone project like a shawlet or a scarf. The felt beads, which can be repositioned as needed, would make this a lovely choice for fiber crafted jewelry too.


Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings Friends! Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the beads. They are gorgeous on your skein. Have a great FAF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so coooool. How did you get those beads to go through the orfice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely captured the essence of watermelon tourmaline!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks fiber friends!

    Jan, the orifice on my Lendrum Bulky flier is super for add-in spinning! I am usually pushing the limits, hehe, but these went through with no trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that the beads are re-positionable.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!